I will teach you to:
This Course is especially for Coffee Shops and Restaurants who wants to Share the Knowledge and Experience of good coffee.
Many people will start a coffee shop without really knowing how to do it.
I will teach you to:
- Become more confident
- Serve more consistent coffees
- Really understand what you are doing
- There is more to coffee than you might think
- Impress your customers
- Impress yourself!
HOW TO OPEN AND RUN A COFFEE SHOP
- Single Origin –Blends
- Shop Design and Set-up of Cafe-Menu
- coffee Machine – Equipment - Correct Operation - Proper use
- How to offer Correct and High level Service
- Barista and Staff training Depending on the needs
- Coffee botany, Arabica and Robusta beans
- Freshness, packaging, storage and date
- Correct way of using grinders and espresso machines
- How to set-up a grinder, dose and pull a correct shot of espresso
- Troubleshooting, how to understand bad coffee, smell and taste
- Milk steaming, how to make micro-foam - the silky, shiny milk
- The cafe menu, learn the difference between the Beverages
- Cleaning your machine and keeping your work area always clean
- How to Research the different roasts and find what you like the best
- Why to use always Fresh Coffee
- It is best to grind your own beans, but with the correct use of a good coffee grinder
- What kind of water to use - correct head - It is about the grind and the pressure used with the tamper
- If everything above is right, it should take 5-10 seconds for the first drops to appear & 20 to 25 seconds to create one or two perfect cups of Espresso
- The Art of Making Espresso
Understanding the process of making espresso is the first step on the path towards the true coffee artistry. In order to reach the point when you can make great espresso for your cappuccino’s, lattes, and more, you need to first understand how to make espresso. It is so easy to make bad coffee, but with the right tools and the right knowledge, you will be able to brew your own bit of coffee heaven. The most visible characteristic of great espresso is the "crema". When you see that marvelous swirl of creamy golden foam on the top of your espresso, you know that you have created a coffee masterpiece
LATTE ART COURSE
You will learn how to produce the finest coffees possible. I work towards competition levels and enjoy introducing you to the beautiful art of coffee.
- Milk chemistry ( temperature & pressure )
- Milk steaming process ( get a velvet foam and not bubbles )
- How to use both Latte Art Techniques ( Free pour Latte & Etching )
- Advanced presentation styles
- Why is Latte art so important ?
Serving latte art in your coffee business will impress your customers. It leaves an impression and shows that you care about what kind of coffee you are serving.
Latte art is art by a barista. It is one of the most interesting things in coffee! 'Latte' means 'milk' in Italian, so it is the art of milk.
And finally, latte art promotes the hard work that baristas do.
- What is free pour latte art and what is etching ? XXXXXXXXX
Free pour latte art is done with the movement of the jug alone. Etching is a latte art technique where you use something to draw pictures on top of coffee. For example, you could use the tip of a thermometer to draw a pattern on top of a coffee.
PREPARATION FOR BARISTA CHAMPIONSHIP
- Learn what means Competition and Championship
- How to present yourself – Speech
- Preparation – set-up time and Presentation
- Work station – table ware – rules & regulations
- Score sheets – signature beverage – Espresso - Taste
PREPARATION FOR LATTE ART CHAMPIONSHIP (TRAINER OF THE WORLD LATTE ART CHAMPION 2011)